2023 started with enormous hype surrounding artificial intelligence and Auto-GPT is now making the news. ChatGPT, in particular, shocked the world with its ability to write content while understanding efficient prompts. Ai can draw, respond and mimic (even the voice of artists) to unparalleled heights. The impact of these features was felt particularly across the content marketing industry. We’ve taken our time to share our thoughts on a dedicated article where we look at the pros and cons of AI in content creation.
Now, we glimpse the unfolding of yet another technology that promises to shake the foundation of creators, agencies and marketers: Auto-GPT. But let’s start from the very beginning. What does it do?
Auto-GPT looks like a stronger, wiser big brother to Chat-GPT, OpenAI’s artificial intelligence system. In fact, it uses GPT-4 to act with as little human intervention as possible and is even capable of self-prompt. Another differential point of the Auto-GPT is its ability to connect to the internet, search for new articles, research papers and even social networks. The process occurs through an “agent” that can anticipate and know the next course of action, making actions autonomous.
Launched at the end of March 2023, Auto-GPT has arrived to change how we create web content. Significant Gravitas, the company that created the feature, is constantly on Twitter’s trending topics, showing off this Skynet-like software’s power. Scary or exciting? We’ll let you decide over the next few lines.
The inevitable power of technology
We know first-hand about the transforming power of technology. At some point in history, we abandoned our typewriters and gave way to the keyboards. They help us write texts like this one nowadays. Whatever angle you’d like to consider, you may as well embrace it. It is the natural evolution of technology. And when we talk about evolution, one thing becomes evident: you either adapt or perish.
Artificial intelligence technologies are an excellent resource for any business and are already widely used to enhance the creative process. As we mentioned in our blog article, they are still a long way from being able to replace human creativity and talent. Still, they are tools that have improved productivity and even found solutions where we have run into a dead-end.
But how does Auto-GPT work exactly? We can explain.
The IA user assigns a name, a role and up to five goals. Let us see an example of adapting an online shop for the Portuguese market.
- Name: Products for the Portuguese language
- Function: An IA designed to adapt site X to the Portuguese language audience.
- Objective 1: Find the best shops that sell similar products in Portuguese
- Objective 2: Search for versions in European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, creating a version for each locality.
By triggering the AI with these commands, it will start its ” thought” process, asking itself what is the best way to achieve these goals. It will perform searches on the internet to find the best reference sites for the subject, following the designated parameters.
The process can take a few minutes, and the user just sits back, watching AI unfold as if before a screen taken from The Matrix. At the end of the process, it presents the user with the information found. In this particular example, putting together a business plan for adapting the website to the designated language. It is even possible to add the objective “design a web page”, making the AI automatically create the site version for the cited languages.
But what can Auto GPT do?
Let’s look at how Auto-GPT can optimize content marketing:
- Social Media. Through its online capabilities, search, and even post on social media, Auto-GPT opens up a wide range of possibilities. Does your business use Twitter to promote itself? No problem, Auto-GPT can generate and create content on the platform.
- SEO Quality. search engine optimization is critical to the success of any online content. Finding and applying the best and most up-to-date keywords can take considerable time. Auto-GPT is able to search the most current data in seconds and provide us with the most meaningful keywords.
- Enriched creativity. Not all of us are geniuses. Sometimes, we struggle with some subjects or go through a “lack of inspiration” time. An artificial intelligence tool can enrich our creativity and make our content more meaningful.
- Reaching the Audience. A fundamental part of content marketing is ensuring your content reaches its target audience. This can be an exhaustive process, demanding not only deep research about a specific group but also the definition of the best tactics and terms we will use to connect content and its audience. With Auto-GPT, we have the tools to identify our audience’s needs quickly.
- Branding. The agents used in Auto-GPT can also be very efficient for generating product descriptions and the brand itself, including slogans and promotional phrases. Also, as it is able to communicate and interact with other software, it can use tools like Midjourney to design images, even developing the visual art of the project.
Are content creators out of business because of AI?
Business owners, ask yourselves: Should I fire my content creation staff with the arrival of such independent tools?
Don’t get ahead of yourself just yet. While it is true that AI is here to stay and are certainly capable of greatly increasing productivity, companies focused on excellence still rely on human minds to craft, develop, plan and distribute content. Even the choice of how to use AI is still made by human decisions, for now. And guess who can prompt AI to get even better results? The same people that have been creating content all along – many of whom trained such LLMs.
We also find many firmly established companies in the market already declare their plans for using AI. A well-known example is BuzzFeed, which has already reported that it will use AI to generate content but focus on “enhancing” and “personalising” the output – not replacing human minds. This illustrates that great leaders already know they need to balance the productivity gain provided by automation with the unique characteristics that only human knowledge can deliver.
Saying “Hi” to Mister Roboto
It is clear that artificial intelligence has started its “Rise of the Machines” and is here to stay. We have seen that although they somehow threaten the human workforce, they are great tools for content marketing. They can help companies large and small to increase the quality and volume of their productions, but they are always paired with real individuals’ talent and intellect (and the constant sound of typing).
We understand hows very tempting it is to use AI to cut corners and implement most of your content marketing efforts. You’ll still be left with generic content which will struggle to rank, particularly if you don’t possess the know-how that distinguishes ranking factors overall.
Finally, we already use AI to optimize a small percentage of our content and idea generation processes. We’re impressed by speed and several abilities, but can’t rely on it for more than this fractional presence. These are the earliest of days for a new technology, and particularly, one that is still far from optimized. We’ll keep using the tools that work to serve you best, and avoid the ones that are flawed.
If these principles resonate with you and your business, Portuguese Content is always happy to learn more about your needs. Get in touch and we can help you stand out in the competitive digital marketing landscape. Particularly, one that can make use of content for a large Portuguese-speaking audience.